Gasoline prices continue to rise and fall. There are many ways that new or used car owners can improve overall fuel economy by as much as 20 percent. The first thing that effects fuel economy is how you drive the car…
- Plan your trips – Try to accomplish multiple things in 1 trip. You can also try to car pool or walk to your destination. This won’t decrease fuel consumption but will help you drive less, which means less gas.
- Do Not Speed – If you are on the highway driving 100kph instead of 110kph will save you 1-2 kilometers per liter over the duration of your trip. Try using your cruise control it reduces fuel consumption by maintaining a constant speed.
- Throttle Less – Accelerate and brake with ease. You will save on fuel as well as wear and tear on your brakes.
- Don’t warm up – Thanks to new technology most modern cars only really need 30 seconds to get warm.
- Windows up – Having the windows down on the highway can decrease fuel economy by up to 10 percent.